- "The abuse of tea has taken on the characteristics of a plague. It is not only confined to men, but has even spread to women and children. The situation is becoming very dangerous. Tea abuse... takes the form of an imperious and irresistible craving."
A Tunisian physician in the 1930's, commenting on the effects of tea when it first arrived in his country.Cited in The Economist (August 8 2002)
- A pot of post-fermented puer tea for $1000 at Vue de Monde, Melbourne
- Afghan Officials Hope Tea Farms Will Replace Poppy Fields
- Consumer sued by Red Diamond for reporting tainted tea
- Taiwan's $160-per-Pound Tea Blamed for Lethal Typhoon Mudslides
- Green tea may prevent urinary incontinence
- Fairtrade tea leaves foretell a better future
An Indian tea plantation where, for the first time, women have power
- The Bitter Taste of Tea: A Journey into the World of Fair Trade
A selection of videos on tea workers and farms, and the tea trade
- The Bitter Taste of Tea SBS TWO documentary.
A very good doco on the plight of tea pluckers, fair trade and the big tea buyers. Produced by Borgen Productions and Heinemann Media.
- Siliguri tea garden tribal workers hold rally
Monkey Picker Photos
- Camellia is keen to see links to any photographic evidence of monkeys picking tea, please let her know about them.
- CC has started a new craze in composing Infinty poems: poems which start and end with the same word and can be read from any point in the poem. However, only poems related to tea will be published here, IF CC likes it. Submit your own infini-tea poems.
Photographs of tea
- If anyone spots any creative graffiti featuring tea, please submit links to photos and info. Even old tea adverts on the side of old buildings.
- Yeah!!! Finally a GraffiTEA artist who has the thumbs up from Camellia Cha. Check out Samurai GraffiTEA artist Adam Wojcinski here: http://sadosamurai.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/graffitea.html
- Auction Gets $11,000 for Tea with Alan Greenspan
- Victoria Beckham, Joss Stone and Jerry Hall - fans of Pu'er tea!
- Submit your tea story and help us build up a collection of funny and poignant tea stories. It may be about tea in outback Australia, or an encounter (through tea) you had while on a trip across Russia, or it may be about your own tea culture from the place you come from. Share your story about tea encountered on travelling adventures; while on a train journey; outdoors; in someone¹s home; in a tearoom; at a tea plantation... Camellia would love to hear your story. Any language is OK. Add your story here